Friday, April 10, 2009

World of Warcraft - Status Update

Quite recently, I have taken a break from playing World of Warcraft. While the game has been fun for the past three years that I have been playing, it seems to have lost that factor with me. A lot of people have asked why and I've had to give them very non detailed answers, so here goes a few major reasons for my hiatus.

1. I had recently transferred off a small server were I was very well known and had "pull" with a lot of people. As being a high ranking officer in the best alliance guild, I was pretty well respected by everyone. As for raiding, I was one of the best geared and highest dpsing warlocks on the server. A large part of our guild decided to transfer off when recruitment went stale and people kept quitting the game. I eventually followed a week or two after only to find that everyone had joined separate guilds.




2. Wrath of the Lich King - The expansion that was highly anticipated turned out to be a cakewalk in raiding, and a completely unbalanced PVP system were DK-Pally rules the brackets. There was one thing that kept me playing, and it was leveling characters. Going from 70-80 was the only thing relatively close to the Burning Crusade. I say this because raiding in Burning Crusade, the game was difficult when you raided, Karazhan used to be hard, with Serpent Shrine Cavern, killing Vashj made you want to quit, Archimonde being the same way in Hyjal. Now though, the end game content was cleared within a month of it coming out, and even though PVP wasn't completely balanced in Burning Crusade, it wasn't as out of control as it is now.



To wrap this up, I feel the game has been geared more towards the casual player, even though there base, and most devoted fans have a mindset more geared to the hardcore play style. Gold is easy to make, gear is easy to get, PvE is a breeze, and PvP is unbalanced, but I guess I should take advantage of it before they change it and I'm left behind.

Hopefully, the new patch will fix most of this, with the release a new end game instance is coming out called Ulduar, and it will be on the same difficulty scale of how the Burning Crusade used to be. I'm back off to Azeroth, until next time...

Good Luck, Mgrigs Signing off.

1 comment:

  1. Matt, I played for the last 3 years as well. I have become very board with the whole game. It was so easy and unbalanced that it became like a chore to me, I have enough of those. I have 4 main toons, and all were 80 with in 3 weeks of the new expiation. I too have stopped playing. I agree with you.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete