Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hrm? Haomarush? Not again surely...

So some back story, as your probably wondering what I'm talking about. When I originally started playing World of Warcraft, I switched servers constantly never going over level 15 on any one server. Finally, when the group I started playing with did settle down, we decided for the server Haomarush playing on the Alliance side. I of course as I've stated before played a Warlock. Me being the fastest leveling character in the group left them in the dust and I started playing with people my level. Any who, that's a walk down memory lane that I should discuss later with you. To the original point, after the server basically died because the best guild, and the second best alliance guild (i.e. the guild I was a CoGM) transferred off the server to Kil'Jaeden and Black Dragonflight respectively. Hence the "Not again surely..." But this is different this time, I'm sure of it. I know, your wondering how can going back to the server you despised be different. It's because I'm ditching Stormwind and going to Orgrimmar. Yep, I've rolled horde.



Why you might ask? Simply for the fact that I have good old fashioned hordie friends who still play on Hao, and real life friends and family have recently transferred there. Finally, I'm shedding the loneliness of a Warlock on some random server. Yes, I'm leaving behind some good friends on Black Dragonflight, but even they have recently started rolling horde on different servers. Anyways, he next few blogs I'll be posting are going to be about leveling as horde, and playing through the different content that is has to offer. So enough blabbing, lets get some good old fashioned reactions to the zones I've played in so far.

Tirisfal Glades


So for those that don't know The Glades is the starting zone for Undead. I hit level 6 and went off to Brill. As I arrived, a ton of question marks were popping up all over my minimap. But I didn't stop, I was on a mission to hit up Durotar. It's not just me who really dislikes the darkness of the zone. Also, Durotar is a much easier zone to quest in and lessens the travel to the Barrens.

Durotar


Home of Orgrimmar and starting zone for the Trolls and Orcs. I skipped going to Org and went straight to Razer Hill, but when I got there I realized I only had one yellow quest to do. How could this be?! Well I then realized that I would have to head down to Sen'Jin village. Durotar in my opinion other than Eversong Woods might be the best starting questing zone. The quests are relativity bunched together and the mobs aren't too difficult to take down. The barren look it has is such a contrast from the lush forests of Elwynn and the snowy plains of Dun Morogh. I must admit, I do like the Alliance starting zones better, but Durotar isn't far behind.

The Barrens




Ahhhh! The dreaded Barrens general chat... Actually seeming as how Wrath of the Lich King has come out and Ulduar just released, not many people are leveling. It's quite nice, no respawn timers, no craptastic Chuck Norris jokes, no terribad your mom jokes either. As for the quest, Crossroads is filled with them and most of them consist of go kill X for X amount of items. The mobs are easy to kill and the rewarded amount of experience seems to be worth doing them. Being a longtime player, as you and I expected these zones won't give me a problem, but as I progress into the more advanced content of the 30's and 40's I'm quite excited to see how it differs from the Alliance content.

So, as I was running out of easy quests to do at the Crossroads I decided to head over to Ratchet to see what was up at the Goblin HQ of The Barrens. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the quests were just as easy here. I'm beginning to wonder how the Horde "noobs" at 70/80 kicked the Alliance "noobs" ass at bg's. It's quite obvious to me now that they don't get any special training at the low levels. Maybe Orcs just have some sense of battle or maybe its the goddamn racials they had when the best one we had was 5 expertise to swords! Sidetracked again... Well, that about sums up what I've been able to do in my side time.

Keep checking back for my next update! Mgrigs signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment